An alternating pressure Air overlay mattress uses pressure redistribution to stimulate blood flow to nourishes the skin.
The air cells on the overlay mattress slowly inflate and deflate under the patient at an adjustable cycle time. This allows time for blood flow to reach the skin healing and skin breakdown or bedsores.
The Air overlay mattresses are ‘High-tech’ support surfaces:
Alternating-pressure mattresses/overlays: air-filled sacs that inflate and deflate sequentially to relieve pressure at different anatomical sites for short periods; these may incorporate a pressure sensor
Features of the overlay mattress:
- Ambient temperature: -20 C ~ +70 C
- Relative humidity: 10%~100%
- Atmospheric pressure: 500 hPa~1060 hPa
- Input power: 0.1A
- Power supply voltage: AC220V 50Hz
- Output flow: 300L/h
- Operating mode: continuous operation
- Output air pressure: 12 Kpa
- Feeding protection: IPXO
- Noise: 40dB
- Inflatable size: 200X90X7cm
- Lengthening the length of the fixed piece: lengthening the head and the foot by 50cm each
- Maximum load: 120- 130 KG
- Colour: Blue and Beige
Steps for using this air overlay mattress:
- The mattress is laid flat on the bed
- Connect the air duct to the main unit and the mattress
- Turn on the power and turn on the switch
- Start to inflate and rotate the delivery pressure adjustment to the maximum
- Inflated to be able to stay in bed
- Adjust to comfort pressure
Air Overlay Mattress package includes:
- Air mattress X1
- Inflatable host X1
- Air duct X1
- Instruction manual X1
What is Bottoming out?
All pressure reduction products must be monitored to prevent 'bottoming out'. This occurs when the user's weight bears down so hard on the product material that it is flattened and the bony parts are pressed against the surface below the cushion or mattress. Where bottoming out occurs even with correct use (eg correct inflation levels), a different product may need to be considered.
It is advisable that a health professional be consulted when considering a suitable pressure care product.
Our overlay mattresses are suitable for use:
- In Hospital
- In Aged care facilities
- At home
- For post-operative rehabilitation
- For individuals recovering from a Stroke, Motor Neurone Disease, or Multiple Sclerosis
Our overlay mattresses can be used in conjunction with:
Frequently Asked Questions:
(general questions and not related to the product)
1- What colours are available for the air overlay mattress?
We are currently only selling the white cream colour due to the blue one being sold out.
2- How does the overlay mattress prevent pressure sores and ulcers?
Overlay mattresses have scientifically been found to minimise pressure ulcers and sores. Pressure sore formation can be prevented by reducing the intensity and the duration of exposure to mechanical loads on vulnerable skin sites not adapted to pressure, through:
Minimising exposure to localised pressure through the use of pressure-redistributing mattresses/cushions such as our pressure redistributing overlay mattress.
Intermittent pressure relief through major or minor repositioning of patients and/or mattresses and cushions that alternate temporarily to relieve pressure.
- The air-filled pressure overlay mattress reduces the intensity of pressure thereby reducing the risk of pressure sores from developing.
3- Who can use it and what are the benefits?
- Anyone who is at risk of developing or already have pressure ulcers
- Allows for pressure redistribution and comfort
- Improves sleep
4- Can I use it for everyday use?
Yes, you can use it for everyday use when sleeping. However, an air mattress may not be suitable for everyone including children or pregnant people.