What is the Patient Transfer Chair with Electric Height Adjustment?
This Patient Transfer Chair is one of the unique products and one of the only products in Australia. As Disability Equipment NDIS providers, we provide the most unique and innovative products that never existed before.
A patient transfer chair with Electric height adjustment has many excellent features:
You can use the patient transfer chair in different places around the house, including:
- The kitchen
- The living room
- The toilet
- Transfer from the shower
- Your bedroom
- In a hallway
Who would this product be suitable for?
- Someone with low levels of strength
- Someone with low levels of mobility
- A carer that has low strength
- Someone who has a shower but not a bath and cannot use a shower
- Someone with vision issues
The Patient Transfer Chair has automatically adjusted features, including:
- Automatic Height Adjustability - Making it easy to transfer to lower places such as your couch or under the table or higher places such as your bed or over a high shower rim.
- Non-slip feet and Safety brakes - These added safety features ensure that your wheelchair is in place and locked in when you are being bathed or in the shower.
- Swing away split backrest - To quickly transfer patients from their bed by holding onto the grab rail and shuffling forward. Then the backrest is re-attached and the person is seated.
Showering with a shower bench or tub transfer bench can make showering much more relaxing and safe. The whole point of using a shower bench is safety. If you have balance or mobility problems, sitting down to shower is much safer than standing in a soaking tub. Seating is much safer than being on your feet in a shower or tub if you have vision or pain issues.
The shower bench or tub transfer bench can accommodate a user who has difficulty lifting legs to get in and out of the tub in a stable, balanced position. As a caregiver or a bather, your experience in the shower can be much safer and, therefore, much more enjoyable.
Advantages of a Tub Transfer Bench
If you don't usually use a shower bench when showering, consider these advantages and you may want to get one. Consider the shower stall size and the tub side height when choosing a shower bench. There are a variety of sizes and features available. We recommend the kind that has a contoured plastic seat with drain holes in the seat because they are the easiest to clean. A backrest is reasonable but not necessary for everyone. Consider the balance and stability of the user when choosing one with a backrest or without the backrest. A padded seat is also comfortable but not required.
Make Sure it's Stable.
A tub transfer bench with adjustable non-skid legs so you can get a stable height according to the layout of your bathroom. Once adjusted, make sure all snap adjusters are firm and secure. The bench legs are made of lightweight Aluminium, so the bench is lightweight and will not rust. Handles on the bench help handle the bench itself and grab it when sitting down or rising.
You are ready to enter the tub with your bench in a stable position. It is always best to involve an Occupational Therapist when using your bench for the first time. They can evaluate the user's abilities and determine the safest way for the user to mount the bench. Here are the typical steps required to use the tub transfer bench. Have a caregiver or bather assistant with you at all times.
Steps for Safe Use
- Stand with the bench touching the back of your legs, stabilize yourself using hand holds on a bench or grab bars on the wall, and sit slowly. Don't "flop" down on the seat.
- Scoot back as far as you can with both legs still outside the tub.
- Lift one leg at a time over the edge of the tub. Your assistant can help you.
- Position yourself so that you're seated comfortably, all the way in the tub and you're ready for your shower.
- Do not turn the Tap on or use the transfer chair wet in the shower or bathtub as it is an electrical item and can harm you if it gets damp and you sit on it.
- After you are finished with your shower, dry your feet to prevent slipping and repeat the process in reverse.
Specifications of this Patient Transfer Chair:
- Nominal voltage rated power 100W/2A - Drive mode storage battery
- Lift range: 250mm
- Load weight: 150kg
- Overall dimensions: 950*600*350mm
- N/W: 15kg
- Internal depth: 48cm
- Internal width: 46cm
- Seat width: 45cm
- Seat depth: 35cm
- Maximum height: 67cm from the ground
- Minimum height: 42cm from the ground
- Insert the backrest into the pedestal spindle and power on the machine; then, you can adjust the height with the Up and Down buttons.
- Press the Up and Down buttons to adjust the seat to the appropriate height and release it to stop. It will stop automatically when the machine reaches the highest or the lowest points, even if the button is not released.
- For safety, this product is designed with low—a voltage power supply.
- After using this product for some time, check whether the screws of each part are loose. If there is any loosening, tighten it in time.
- This product uses AC low voltage power supply. If there is water on the machine's surface, dry it with a towel. Do not rinse with water directly. Power: 100 W.
- Please note that this item is an electrical product, so please keep the electrical part dry.
Electric Transfer Chair with Adjustable Height on wheels
Frequently asked questions:
(General information and related to the product)
1- Can a patient transfer chair be used at home?
Yes! One of the valuable features of this patient transfer chair is that it is lightweight, portable and has wheels to help people at home push the person anywhere they need. If you look at this product in the video below, you can see its usefulness and where it can be used around the house.
2- Can you shower and Bath transfer chairs?
Yes! You can certainly use these patient transfer chairs in the shower or bath. Our shower chairs and bath transfer chairs are waterproof and moisture resistant. The non-slip finish and safety brakes mean that our transfer chairs can be used whenever and all around the house!
3- What do you need to know about shower transfer benches?
Shower transfer benches can be used in or out of the shower. They are non-slip surfaces that allow your carer to bathe you hands-free and provide you with safety, support and comfort. It is as if there is a chair for you to sit on in the shower with support if you cannot stand and shower.
4- Is it safe to shower with a shower bench?
Yes, it is safe to shower with a shower bench from our range as the non-slip material and strong brakes stop you from slipping and provide safety to your carer while they wash you.
5- Which is the best mobile shower commode chair?
We offer the only best mobile shower commode chair on the market. This product is not only a patient transfer chair but can be used around the house. It has an automatic lifter allowing you to transfer to numerous places in and around the home.